Monday, October 5, 2009

Amsterdam

Finally on my way; 2 sunrises in one day. Sitting in Amsterdam, feels like 11PM, actually 8AM tomorrow. I emailed my wife to tell her what the future looks like…. Shiny.
One more hour until I board for Entebbe. I’ve already thought of 5 things that I should have brought, and five things I probably did not need. We’ll see.
You’ve gotta love an airport that has recliners, a meditation room, and a balcony full of massage chairs.
10 hour flight to get here, though. Does not make for a convenient travel hub. Had my last Big Mac for sometime, thankfully. Just thought it would be nice to have one last taste of Americana before heading out. Unfortunately, they taste the same here as they do in the states.
I’m glad that I’m traveling in the internet age; I’ve already emailed Laura and updated my face book page while sitting in a café in Amsterdam. Not something I could do during my last trip to Ireland. Of course, we’ll see how much I’m able to use the internet in Mbarara.

Well, battery is charged to 96% (I’m stationed at an internet café, hooked into a free american style power source. Hee hee. Batteries charged for another round. Next stop, Entebbe….

No comments:

Post a Comment